Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
§ 1720.5. Graffiti abatement work; City of Los Angeles
- This chapter does not apply to graffiti abatement work performed pursuant to a contract between the City of Los Angeles and a nonprofit community-based organization if the work is performed by any of the following:
- A volunteer within the meaning of Section 1720.4.
- A volunteer coordinator within the meaning of Section 1720.4.
- An individual performing community service ordered by a court as a condition of probation.
- An individual enrolled in a bona fide preapprenticeship training program, as described in subdivision (e) of Section 14230 of the Unemployment Insurance Code that meets all of the following criteria:
- The program was established pursuant to an agreement entered into on or before March 1, 2019, between the City of Los Angeles and a building trade's apprenticeship program approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
- The program follows the multicraft core curriculum implemented by the State Department of Education for its pilot project with the California Partnership Academies and by the California Workforce Development Board and local boards.
- The program enrolls preapprentices for no longer than one year.
- The program provides pathways for continued employment after the preapprenticeship program is completed.
- This section shall remain in effect only until January 1, 2024, and as of that date is repealed.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.