71) What Davis-Bacon Act notice or poster must be displayed on Federal-aid funded construction projects?
Covered contractors and subcontractors are required to display the “Rights Under the Davis-Bacon Act” notice (WH-1321) on the job site in a prominent and accessible place where it can be easily seen by the workers. The applicable wage determination must be similarly posted.
72) Where can contractors and subcontractors obtain the workplace notices or posters required for Federal-aid funded construction projects?
The notices or posters required on Federal-aid funded constructions
projects are available at no cost in electronic and printed form from the
Department of Labor. For assistance in complying with federal workplace
notices or posters requirements, see:
Compliance Assistance .
73) Where should contractors and subcontractors display workplace notices or posters required on Federal-aid funded construction projects?
Workplace notices or posters must be displayed at all times by the contractor and subcontractors at the site of the work in a prominent and accessible place where they can be easily seen by the workers.
74) What is FHWA’s position for displaying notices or posters on short-term projects when there is not a job office location?
When a job office is not established due to the nature of the work and/or the length of the contract, the contractor and subcontractors must display all notices or posters at their home offices where hiring is conducted and each employee must be provided copies of all the notices or posters and sign a statement acknowledging they received and understood the content of all the notices or posters.
75) Can the required workplace notices or posters be placed in a binder that is accessible in a supervisor’s or foremen’s vehicle when a job office has not been established for a covered Federal-aid construction project?
NO. Placing the required workplace posters in a binder does not meet the requirement for displaying or posting in a conspicuous place where they are easily visible to all employees — the intended audience.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.