Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
The objectives of DBE regulations, as specified in 49 CFR Part 26, are to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of contracts.
- Create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for contracts.
- Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law.
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet the regulatory eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs.
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in contracts.
- Promote the use of DBEs on all types of federally-assisted contracts and procurement activities conducted by recipients.
- Assist with the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE Program.
- Provide appropriate flexibility to recipients of Federal financial assistance in establishing and providing opportunities for DBEs.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Labor Compliance
We provide assistance to City/County staff in preparing all DBE related documents for City/County to comply with the Federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Regulations under Title 40 CFR Part 33, including Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in US Environmental Protection Agency Programs and Title 49 CFR Part 26 and Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs.
We help staff revise, update, and implement DBE program reqirements, including developing Annual DBE Goals and interpreting DBE policies and procedures.
Consulting Services We Provide Cities & Counties
Develop annual DBE participation goals for Department of Transportation Financial Assistance or other federally assisted contracts requiring a DBE utilization program.
Develop DBE compliance preconstruction materials; facilitate review with contractors and City/County staff.
Attend preconstruction meetings; provide written materials and explain DBE requirements to attendees.
Provide technical assistance to City/County, contractor, and subcontractors as needed.
Perform post award activities, including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and assessing Contractor´s ongoing GFE and DBE goal activities to comply with DBE program requirements.
- Receive, review, and reconcile various Contractor report submittals in conformance with DBE requirements.
- Monitor and ensure contractor DBE compliance with prompt payment provisions on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare DBE reports detailing discrepancies/improper crediting.
- Where applicable, we will make recommendations and coordinate with City/County staff to withhold progress or retention payments if Contractor fails to abide by Federal requirements.
- Review applicable documentation and provide recommendations in response to Contractor requests to substitute/add DBE subcontractors.
- Prepare period reports; assist City with completion of all required federal and state documents.
- Identify actual and/or potential DBE program compliance issues; provide recommendations to City/County.
- Establish and maintain DBE program files in conformance with requirements.
- Maintain Bidder´s List in conformance with 40 CFR Part 33 and 49 CFR Part 26 regulations.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to City/County, contractor, and subcontractors as needed.
- Communication with City/County staff.
- Conduct final audit of Contractor DBE documents.
We provide comprehensive Federal DBE training at the individual and group level.
Please email us with your training requirements.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.