Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
§ 1773.11. Prevailing rates by contract; determination
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law and except as otherwise provided by this section, if the state or a political subdivision thereof agrees by contract with a private entity that the private entity's employees receive, in performing that contract, the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work, the director shall, upon a request by the state or the political subdivision, do both of the following:
- Determine, as otherwise provided by law, the wage rates for each craft, classification, or type of worker that are needed to execute the contract.
- Provide these wage rates to the state or political subdivision that requests them.
- This section does not apply to a contract for a public work, as defined in this chapter.
- The director shall determine and provide the wage rates described in this section in the order in which the requests for these wage rates were received and regardless of the calendar year in which they were received. If there are more than 20 pending requests in a calendar year, the director shall respond only to the first 20 requests in the order in which they were received. If the director determines that funding is available in any calendar year to determine and provide these wage rates in response to more than 20 requests, the director shall respond to these requests in a manner consistent with this subdivision.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.