Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
§ 1771.3 State Public Works Enforcement Fund
§ 1771.3. State Public Works Enforcement Fund; purpose; loan
- The State Public Works Enforcement Fund is hereby created as a special fund in the State Treasury to be available upon appropriation of the Legislature. All registration fees collected pursuant to Section 1725.5 and any other moneys as are designated by statute or order shall be deposited in the fund for the purposes specified in subdivision (b).
- Moneys in the State Public Works Enforcement Fund shall be used only for the following purposes:
- The reasonable costs of administering the registration of contractors and subcontractors to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5.
- The costs and obligations associated with the administration and enforcement of the requirements of this chapter by the Department of Industrial Relations.
- The monitoring and enforcement of any requirement of this code by the Labor Commissioner on a public works project or in connection with the performance of public work as defined pursuant to this chapter.
- The annual contractor registration renewal fee specified in subdivision (a) of Section 1725.5, and any adjusted application or renewal fee, shall be set in amounts that are sufficient to support the annual appropriation approved by the Legislature for the State Public Works Enforcement Fund and not result in a fund balance greater than 25 percent of the appropriation. Any year-end balance in the fund greater than 25 percent of the appropriation shall be applied as a credit when determining any fee adjustments for the subsequent fiscal year.
- To provide adequate cashflow for the purposes specified in subdivision (b), the Director of Finance, with the concurrence of the Secretary of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency, may approve a short-term loan each fiscal year from the Labor Enforcement and Compliance Fund to the State Public Works Enforcement Fund.
- The maximum amount of the annual loan allowable may be up to, but shall not exceed 50 percent of the appropriation authority of the State Public Works Enforcement Fund in the same year in which the loan was made.
- For the purposes of this section, a "short-term loan" is a transfer that is made subject to both of the following conditions:
- Any amount loaned is to be repaid in full during the same fiscal year in which the loan was made, except that repayment may be delayed until a date not more than 30 days after the date of enactment of the annual Budget Act for the subsequent fiscal year.
- Loans shall be repaid whenever the funds are needed to meet cash expenditure needs in the loaning fund or account.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.