Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
§ 1741.1. Period for service of assessments
- The period for service of assessments shall be tolled for the period of time required by the Director of Industrial Relations to determine whether a project is a public work, including a determination on administrative appeal, if applicable, pursuant to subdivisions (b) and (c) of Section 1773.5. The period for service of assessments shall also be tolled for the period of time that a contractor or subcontractor fails to provide in a timely manner certified payroll records pursuant to a request from the Labor Commissioner or a joint labor-management committee under Section 1776, or an approved labor compliance program under Section 1771.5 or 1771.7.
- The body awarding the contract for public work shall furnish, within 10 days after receipt of a written request from the Labor Commissioner, a copy of the valid notice of completion for the public work filed in the office of the county recorder, or a document evidencing the awarding body's acceptance of the public work on a particular date, whichever occurs later, by first-class mail addressed to the office of the Labor Commissioner that is listed on the written request. If, at the time of receipt of the Labor Commissioner's written request, a valid notice of completion has not been filed by the awarding body in the office of the county recorder and there is no document evidencing the awarding body's acceptance of the public work on a particular date, the awarding body shall so notify the office of the Labor Commissioner that is listed on the written request. Thereafter, the awarding body shall furnish copies of the applicable document within 10 days after filing a valid notice of completion with the county recorder's office, or within 10 days of the awarding body's acceptance of the public work on a particular date.
- If the awarding body fails to timely furnish the Labor Commissioner with the documents identified in paragraph (1), the period for service of assessments under Section 1741 shall be tolled until the Labor Commissioner's actual receipt of the valid notice of completion for the public work or a document evidencing the awarding body's acceptance of the public work on a particular date.
- The tolling provisions in this section shall also apply to the period of time for commencing an action brought by a joint labor-management committee pursuant to Section 1771.2.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.