Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
§ 1720.9. Ready-mixed concrete
- For the limited purposes of Article 2 (commencing with Section 1770), "public works" also means the hauling and delivery of ready-mixed concrete to carry out a public works contract, with respect to contracts involving any state agency, including the California State University and the University of California, or any political subdivision of the state.
- For purposes of this section, "ready-mixed concrete" means concrete that is manufactured in a factory or a batching plant, according to a set recipe, and then delivered in a liquefied state by mixer truck for immediate incorporation into a project.
- For purposes of this section, the "hauling and delivery of ready-mixed concrete to carry out a public works contract" means the job duties for a ready mixer driver that are used by the director in determining wage rates pursuant to Section 1773, and includes receiving the concrete at the factory or batching plant and the return trip to the factory or batching plant.
- For purposes of this section, the applicable prevailing wage rate shall be the current prevailing wage, as determined by the director, for the geographic area in which the factory or batching plant is located.
- The entity hauling or delivering ready-mixed concrete to carry out a public works contract shall enter into a written subcontract agreement with the party that engaged the entity to supply the ready-mixed concrete. The written agreement shall require compliance with the requirements of this chapter. The entity hauling or delivering ready-mixed concrete shall be considered a subcontractor solely for the purposes of this chapter. Nothing in this section shall cause any entity to be treated as a contractor or subcontractor for any purpose other than the application of this chapter.
- The entity hauling or delivering ready-mixed concrete to carry out a public works contract shall submit a certified copy of the payroll records required by subdivision (a) of Section 1776 to the party that engaged the entity and to the general contractor within five working days after the employee has been paid, accompanied by a written time record that shall be certified by each driver for the performance of job duties in subdivision (c).
- This section shall not apply to public works contracts that are advertised for bid or awarded prior to July 1, 2016.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.