Part 3. Of Imprisonment and the Death Penalty Title 7. Administration of the State Correctional System Chapter 11. Master Plan Construction
§ 7010. Lease or lease-purchase agreements for establishment of prison facility for Los Angeles County; solicitation of bids, review and approval; compliance with public works provisions
- The Director of Corrections may solicit bids for any lease or lease-purchase for the establishment of a prison facility for a site in Los Angeles County.
- The director may not accept any lease or lease-purchase bid or execute any lease or lease-purchase agreement unless and until the bid or agreement is submitted for review and approval under the procedure described in Section 7003.
- Any lease or lease-purchase agreement executed pursuant to this section shall contain, as a condition of the agreement, stipulations requiring compliance with the provisions of Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 1720) of Part 7 of the Labor Code in the construction of any facility within the scope of the agreement.
Part 3. Of Imprisonment and the Death Penalty Title 9. Punishment Chapter 1. Programs with Special Focus on Substance Abuse
§ 8002. Exemption from wage and hour provisions and § 1025 of Labor Code
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the participants, director, and staff of a live-in alternative to incarceration rehabilitation program with special focus on substance abusers, when participating in operations owned and operated by the program, are exempt from the wage and hour provisions and Section 1025 of the Labor Code, so long as all revenues generated by the operation are used for the support of the program. All providers who bid on public work shall include in their bid the prevailing wage rate as required by the request.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.