Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
Avoiding DIR's Public Works Prevailing Wage Penalties Part III
We wrap up with Part 3 of this series - DIR Public Works Prevailing Wages, Are You In Compliance - with Fringe Benefits, DIR Civil Wage Penalty Assessments (CWPA') and Contractor Responsibility.
Part 1 can be found here.
Part 2 can be found here.
Are you in Compliance with DIR Prevailing Wages?
- What is DIR's definition of "bona fide" fringe benefits?
- What is DIR's maximum allowable creditable/deductible "fringe benefit" amount?
- What is annualization?
- How do you compute annualization?
- How do you deal with a DIR non-apprenticable craft training contribution?
- What is a DIR Civil Wage Penalty Assessment (CWPA)?
- What is the statue of limitations for serving a CWPA?
- What are the associated DIR CWPA penalties?
- How are DIR CWPA penalties calculated?
- What are DIR's CWPA liquidated damages?
- What is DIR's definition of "contractors dual liability"?
- As a contractor do you understand the definition of "Joint and several liability"?
- What must a contractor do in order to fulfill DIR's contractors safe-harbor requirements?
- When can a contractor legally withhold money from a subcontractor?
- What are the number of days to file for a CWPA review?
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.