Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
Avoiding DIR's Public Works Prevailing Wage Penalties Part III
We wrap up with Part 3 of this series - DIR Public Works Prevailing Wages, Are You In Compliance - with Fringe Benefits, DIR Civil Wage Penalty Assessments (CWPA') and Contractor Responsibility.
Part 1 can be found here.
Part 2 can be found here.
Are you in Compliance with DIR Prevailing Wages?
- What is DIR's definition of "bona fide" fringe benefits?
- What is DIR's maximum allowable creditable/deductible "fringe benefit" amount?
- What is annualization?
- How do you compute annualization?
- How do you deal with a DIR non-apprenticable craft training contribution?
- What is a DIR Civil Wage Penalty Assessment (CWPA)?
- What is the statue of limitations for serving a CWPA?
- What are the associated DIR CWPA penalties?
- How are DIR CWPA penalties calculated?
- What are DIR's CWPA liquidated damages?
- What is DIR's definition of "contractors dual liability"?
- As a contractor do you understand the definition of "Joint and several liability"?
- What must a contractor do in order to fulfill DIR's contractors safe-harbor requirements?
- When can a contractor legally withhold money from a subcontractor?
- What are the number of days to file for a CWPA review?
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.