Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
Avoiding DIR's Public Works Prevailing Wage Penalties (Part II of III)
This is part II of our three part DIR public works prevailing wages Are You In Compliance - Travel, Overtime, Record Retention, Registration & Apprentices.
Part 1 can be found here.
Are you in Compliance with DIR Prevailing Wages?
- When does the contractor/subcontractor have to pay travel & subsistence?
- What is DIR's definition of "compensable travel time"?
- When does daily travel time start on a CA DIR public works job?
- When working on a CA DIR Public/Private contract on the same day, when does public works travel time stop?
- What travel time wage rate do you pay?
- What is a weighted average overtime wage calculation? Do you know how to calculate it?
- What is a predetermined DIR prevailing wage increase?
- How long must the contractor/subcontractor retain payroll records?
- What specific prevailing wage information must be retained?
- What is a DIR Scope of Work?
- What is DIR's prevailing wage Small Project Exemption?
- When do you not have to register with DIR?
- When do you not have to submit certified payrolls?
- When do you not need to hire an apprentice?
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.