Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
Contracts Requiring PCA and DBA
- If a PCA-covered contract involves a substantial amount of construction work on a public building or work (exceeding the monetary threshold for DBA application), it is also subject to the DBA if the construction work is physically or functionally separate from, and is capable of being performed on a segregated basis from, the other work required by the contract. (The word substantial relates to the type and quantity of construction work to be performed and not merely to the total value of construction work as compared to the total value of the contract.) See FAR 48 C.F.R. § 22.402 (b).
- Contract for the supply and installation of a security system that requires:
- Replacement of existing conduit,
- Laying cable, and
- Tearing out and replacing walls.
- Contract for the supply and installation of modular furniture or energy-efficient lighting fixtures that requires:
- Bolting furniture or fixtures to floors, walls and/or ceilings,
- Modifying walls, floors and/or ceilings to accommodate shelving,
- Installing electrical connections for desk area outlets, or
- Installing new ballasts and/or lighting fixtures.
- Contract that provides for the supply and installation of equipment requiring construction activity, such as:
- Reconfiguration or alteration of building space,
- Upgrade to utilities, or
- Bolting or affixing equipment to floors, walls and/or ceiling.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.