Modifications And Supersedeas Decisions
Both GWDs and project wage determinations may be modified or superseded from time to time.
- Wage determinations are normally updated either:
- to apply the results of a new survey, or
- to update union rates to reflect collectively bargained changes in wage and fringe benefit rates (escalators) for classifications for which negotiated rates have been determined to be prevailing (for a given type of construction in the given geographic area).
- "Supersedeas wage decisions" replace the prior GWDs, and carry wage decision numbers that reflect the new year. Supersedeas decisions have a modification number of "0"followed by the date of issuance.
- "Modifications" are listed numerically on the wage determination modification record for that year's edition. The date of issuance of the modification follows the modification number. A modification to a GWD replaces the entire GWD that it modifies.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.