Contracts Excluded From Coverage By E.O. 13495
E.O. 13495 exclusions from coverage E.O. § 3 Exclusions; see also 29 C.F.R. § 9.4 Exclusions and FAR 48 C.F.R. § 22.1203-2 Exemptions.
- E.O. 13495, by its terms, does not apply to:
- Contracts or subcontracts under the simplified acquisition threshold (currently $150,000). FAR 48 C.F.R. § 22.1203-2(a)(1); see also FAR 48 C.F.R. Part 13.
- Contracts or subcontracts awarded under 41 U.S.C. chapter 85, Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled (traditionally known as the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act);
- Agreements for the operation of vending facilities in federal buildings entered into pursuant to the preference regulations issued under the Randolph-Sheppard Act (20 U.S.C. § 107), which authorizes priority to be given to licensed blind persons); or
- Guard, elevator operator, messenger, or custodial services provided to the federal government under contracts or subcontracts with sheltered workshops employing the "severely handicapped" as described in 40 U.S.C. § 593 (which provides protection for certain veterans preference employees). FAR 48 C.F.R. § 22.1203-2(a)(2), (3) and (4).
- Service employees who were hired to work under a federal service contract and one or more nonfederal service contracts as part of a single job, provided that the service employees were not deployed in a manner that was designed to avoid the purposes of the E.O. and its implementing regulations. FAR 48 C.F.R. § 22.1203-2(a)(5).
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.