Federal Grade Equivalency (FGE) Information In The Directory
Federal Grade Equivalency (FGE) Information in the Directory
- The Fifth Edition of the Directory provides information on the federal civil service grade levels most likely to correspond to the occupations included.
- This information reveals the grade levels that would be assigned to such occupations, if the work was being performed by a federal employee.
- For WHD staff, such information is especially useful in connection with developing prevailing wage determinations for occupations for which no survey data are available or for which survey data are not available for various levels within a job family.
- Contractors and federal procurement agency staff may utilize federal grade equivalency (FGE) data for guidance in developing wage rate proposals for occupations to be conformed. (See the "SCA Conformance Process" chapter of this resource book for further information on FGE use for conformances.)
- FGE rates are divided into the following four classifications for purposes of SCA administration:
- "GS" (General Schedule) refers to grade rates utilized for non-supervisory appropriated fund "white-collar" positions;
- "WG" (Wage Grade) refers to grade rates utilized for non-supervisory appropriated fund "blue-collar" positions;
- "AS" refers to non-supervisory non-appropriated fund Administrative Services rates; and
- "NA" refers to some non-appropriated fund classifications.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.