Basic Payroll Records
The SCA recordkeeping requirements are stated in the SCA contract clauses. 29 C.F.R. § 4.6(g). The employer is required to maintain the following records for each employee subject to the SCA and to make these records available for inspection and/or transcription on the request of an authorized representative of the Wage and Hour Division (WHD). These records must be maintained for three years from the completion of the work. Also, the contractor may be required to provide the basic time and payroll records required under the FLSA. 29 C.F.R. § 516.2.
- Name, address, social security number of each employee.
- The correct work classification(s), rate(s) of monetary wages paid and fringe benefits provided, rate(s) of cash payments in lieu of fringe benefits, and total daily and weekly compensation paid to each employee.
- Note: If the employer chooses to pay a cash equivalent to meet the fringe benefit requirements of the wage determination, the cash payment must be clearly identified as fringe benefits in the employer's records. 29 C.F.R. § 4.170.
- The number of daily and weekly hours worked by each employee subject to SCA requirements.
- Any deductions, rebates or refunds from the total daily or weekly compensation of each employee.
- A list of monetary wages and fringe benefits for which wage rates and fringe benefits have been determined in accordance with the contract clause setting forth the conformance procedures.
- The list of a predecessor contractor's employees furnished to the contractor pursuant to 29 C.F.R. § 4.6(1)(2).
- Relevant records for any service employee(s) covered by a WHD certificate that allows for the payment of special minimum wages to workers with disabilities under Section 14 of the FLSA, and for any apprentices registered in an approved "bona fide" apprenticeship program. SCA: 29 C.F.R. §§4.6(o) - (p); FLSA: 29 C.F.R. Part 525; National Apprenticeship Act: 29 C.F.R. § 29.6.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.