Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
- The hours worked by employees on an SCA-covered service contract are determined in accordance with the principles established under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), as set forth in 29 C.F.R. Part 785. 29 C.F.R. § 4.178.
- In general, FLSA hours worked by an employee include all periods in which the employee is "suffered or permitted" to work, whether or not required to do so, and for all periods of time during which the employee is required to be on duty or to be on the employer's premises or to be at a prescribed workplace.
- Hours worked subject to the compensation provisions of the SCA are those in which the employee is engaged in performing work on SCA-covered contracts. 29 C.F.R. § 4.178.
- In any workweek where the contractor/subcontractor is not exclusively engaged in work on a covered service contract, the contractor should identify separately and accurately in its records, or by other means, those periods during which its employees are engaged in work on a covered service contract. 29 C.F.R. § 4.179.
- In the absence of records that adequately segregate periods of covered contract work from non-covered work, all employees working in the establishment or department where such covered work is performed shall be presumed to have worked on or in connection with the covered contract during the period of contract performance. 29 C.F.R. § 4.179.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.