Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
- Apprentices will be permitted to work at less than the SCA predetermined rate for the work they perform when they are employed and individually registered in a "bona fide" apprenticeship program registered with a State apprenticeship agency that is recognized by the DOL, or, if no such recognized agency exists in a State, under a program registered with the DOL's Employment Training Administration's Office of Apprenticeship. See also 29 C.F.R. Part 29.
- The terms and conditions of the approved program will be followed in the employment of apprentices.
- Wage rates paid apprentices shall not be less than the wage rate for their level of progress set forth in the registered program, usually expressed as a percentage of the journeyman's rate in the applicable wage determination.
- The allowable ratio of apprentices to journeymen employed on the contract work shall not be greater than the ratio permitted to the contractor under the registered program.
- Any employee who is not registered as an apprentice in an approved program shall be paid the wage rate and fringe benefits contained in the applicable wage determination for the journeyman classification of work actually performed.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.