Request Procedures And Relevant Time Frames
- A request for review and reconsideration by the WHD Administrator may be submitted by any affected and/or interested party, including, but not limited to: contracting agencies, contractors or prospective contractors; contractor or employer associations; employees or their representatives; labor unions; or other interested government agencies.
- The request is usually a letter addressed to the WHD Administrator asking for review and reconsideration.
- The letter should identify the specific wage determination and, if applicable, the conformance action, in question.
- The letter must provide supporting evidence that documents why the wage determination, or conformance action is incorrect.
Relevant Time Frames
- For competitively advertised procurements, requests for reconsideration and review of an SCA wage determination must be submitted before the opening of bids.
- For negotiated procurements or the exercise of contract options or extensions, such requests must be submitted no later than 10 days before the contract or contract option/extension period begins.
- The WHD Administrator has 30 days from the date of receipt of the request to issue a decision, or notify the interested party in writing that additional time is necessary.
- In light of the 30 days that the WHD has to act on such a review and reconsideration request, the WHD recommends that interested parties submit any request for reconsideration and review of an SCA wage determination at least 40 days prior to the bid opening date or, in the case of negotiated procurements, the contract award date.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.