Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
- Application of FLSA Overtime Pay Requirements To Workers Employed On DBA/DBRA Contracts
Application of FLSA overtime pay requirements to workers employed on DBA/ DBRA contracts
- On contracts to which CWHSSA does not apply (for example, on a prime contract $100,000 or less) overtime pay requirements may apply to a contractor or subcontractor under other laws, including the FLSA. On contracts to which CWHSSA applies, FLSA may also apply.
- As a general standard, Section 7(a) of the FLSA, as amended, provides that an employer shall not employ any employee to work in excess of 40 hours in a workweek unless such employee receives compensation for his or her employment in excess of the hours above specified at a rate not less than one and one-half times the regular rate at which he or she is employed. 29 C.F.R. § 778.101.
- Unless specifically exempted from FLSA overtime pay requirements, an employee who performs work on both federally funded/federally assisted projects and commercial work in the same workweek must receive an overtime premium for hours worked in excess of 40 in the workweek. 29 C.F.R. § 778. (Note: 29 C.F.R. §§ 5.32 and 778.6 discuss dual application of Davis-Bacon and FLSA overtime requirements.)
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.