This is one of the most important aspects of the investigation.
- The report is reviewed at many levels, both inside and outside the contracting agency. For example:
- DOL's Office of the Solicitor
- The contracting agency
- The Comptroller General.
- Plan the report.
- In the report, refer to exhibits included in the case file - do not repeat interviews in the reports.
- Avoid the use of abbreviations which may not be understood by other agencies.
- Except under CWHSSA, in most jurisdictions there is no right of individual employee action in government contract statutes. The government acts on the employee's behalf to recover back wages. Refusal-to-pay cases are usually resolved administratively by a hearing before a DOL Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.