Subsribe to our email newsletter today to receive update on the latest news and tutorials!
Labor Relations Reference and Guidance Materials
- Specific Davis-Bacon Related Act (statute) for the program involved. The clauses containing the Davis-Bacon labor standards provisions for each HUD program are key to making proper decisions concerning applicability. Determining whether Davis-Bacon wage rates are applicable in specific cases may be the most difficult task LCAs face on a day-to-day basis. Excerpts from the HUD Related Acts - the labor standards provisions – are offered in the Appendix (page 23) to this Guide. In addition, we’ve provided treatments explaining the factors of applicability (how the language of the labor standards clauses is interpreted and applied in real situations) for CDBG, HOME, Public Housing, Indian Housing, and Hawaiian Homelands Programs.
- HUD regulations: 24 CFR, relevant Parts for the program involved. Many times the regulations will contain further information about Davis-Bacon aspects of the program. HUD regulations are available on-line at: https://www.govinfo.gov/app/collection/cfr/
- DOL regulations: 29 CFR, Parts 1, 3, 5, 6 & 7. These regulations contain policy guidance and instructions for all agencies, including local contracting agencies, in the administration and enforcement of Davis-Bacon wage and reporting requirements. These DOL regulations are available on-line at the DOL homepage at: https://www.dol.gov/general/cfr/title_29
- Labor Relations Letters. This special directives series is designed to provide current and thorough guidance on Davis-Bacon issues in HUD programs. Popular topics include Davis-Bacon applicability under HOME, and prevailing wage requirements concerning self-employed laborers and mechanics. Labor Relations Letters are available on-line at the Labor Relations Library.
- Labor Relations Desk Guides. These Guides compliment the guidance and instructions provided in HUD Handbook 1344.1, Federal Labor Standards in HUD Programs. This Guide is for LCAs. Another is HUD’s Contractor’s Guide toPrevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-assisted Construction Projects - an easy to use resource that explains Davis-Bacon requirements and what contractors must do to comply. These Guides are also available at the Labor Relations Library.
- On the Mark!. This series is also available at the Labor Relations Library. The series contains simple, one-page suggestions containing time-saving tips to improve efficiency and effectiveness including new technologies and services available through the internet.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.