HUD Labor Standards Administration and Enforcement
This Guide has been developed as part of HUD’s communications strategy with you and its approximately 5,000 client agencies. It has been designed to help you develop organizational and administrative approaches which best work for you while still enabling you to meet your labor standards contractual responsibilities in the administration of HUD-assisted programs as efficiently as possible. It will also be useful to you as a training tool and ready reference for compliance staff. While this Guide is intended to address numerous situations, it was not written to cover every possible labor standards issue. If there is a labor standards issue not addressed in this Guide, please contact your local HUD Labor Relations Field Staff. Throughout this Guide, the acronym “LCA” or “LCAs” shall mean state, tribal and local agencies.
Whom to contact...
The HUD Labor Relations Field staff is your support team and is available to provide training and technical assistance in the administration of HUD programs subject to Federal labor standards provisions. Please call upon the HUD Labor Relations Field staff for your jurisdiction at any time. Also, please visit the Office of Labor Relations at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/davis_bacon_and_labor_standards.
At this site you will have ready access to publications, forms, the latest policy letters, and related links which will help you administer labor standards. Most of the publications and forms referenced in this Guide are available in the Labor Relations Library at our website (above).
You can also obtain additional copies of this Guide and other publications by telephone from HUD’s Customer Service Center at (800)767-7468.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements: 916-234-3958.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.