- Household Type
Overall, about 30% of HOME-assisted units (including households that receive TBRA) are occupied by single-parent households. Nearly another 30% are occupied by single, non-elderly households. About 18% apiece are occupied by elderly households and two-parent households, and about 5% of households are categorized as “other.”
As shown in Figure 8, different types of units are more or less likely to serve specific types of households. Specifically:
- Rental units assisted with HOME funds are most likely to be occupied by single, non-elderly households or elderly households, followed closely by single-parent households. Two-parent households are less likely to live in HOME-assisted rental units.
- HOME-assisted home buyer units are most likely to be occupied by single parents or two-parent households, followed by single, non-elderly households. Not surprisingly, few home buyer units are occupied by elderly households.
- By contrast, HOME-assisted owner-occupied units are most likely to be occupied by elderly households, as elderly households might be the most likely to seek HOME funds for repairs to their existing housing.
- HOME-funded TBRA is most commonly received by single-parent households, followed by single, non-elderly households.
Figure 8. Household Types Served with HOME Funds
Through July 2014
Source: Figure created by CRS based on data from HUD’s July 31, 2014 HOME National Production Report.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.