- Household Income
As required by statute, all HOME funds benefit families with incomes at or below 80% of area median income. Not surprisingly, HOME funds used for rental activities (including tenant-based rental assistance and the construction, acquisition, and rehabilitation of rental housing) benefit a lower-income population than funds used for homeowner and home buyer units. As explained earlier in this report, HOME funds used for rental activities must target a lower-income population than funds used for homeowner or home buyer activities. Households at the lowest end of the income spectrum are also more likely to rent than to own their homes.
Figure 7 shows the share of units for each unit type (homeowner, home buyer, rental, or TBRA) that has benefitted households at different income levels. As of July 31, 2014, HUD reported that nearly 80% of HOME-assisted TBRA households were families with incomes at or below 30% of area median income (AMI), as were nearly 44% of occupants of HOME-assisted rental units. In contrast, less than one-third of HOME-assisted homeowner units benefitted households with incomes at or below 30% of area median income, and only 6% of HOME-assisted home buyer units benefitted households with incomes in this range.
Figure 7.Income of Households Occupying HOME Units
Through July 2014
Source: Figure created by CRS based on HUD’s July 31, 2014 HOME National Production Report. AMI is area median income.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.