- HOME Subsidy Limits
When using HOME funds for owner-occupied housing rehabilitation, home buyer assistance, or rental housing activities, participating jurisdictions must follow restrictions on the minimum and maximum amounts of HOME funds that they can contribute to a given project. When participating jurisdictions use HOME funds for tenant-based rental assistance, they must establish both a maximum subsidy amount and a minimum tenant contribution to the tenant’s rent.
Owner-Occupied and Rental Housing. The minimum amount of HOME funds that can be used for new construction, rehabilitation, or acquisition of owner-occupied or rental housing is $1,000 multiplied by the number of HOME-assisted units in a project. The maximum per-unit subsidy for a project varies by participating jurisdiction and is based on the Federal Housing Administration’s mortgage limits for moderate-income multifamily housing.
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance. The maximum HOME subsidy amount for tenant-based rental assistance is the difference between 30% of the household’s adjusted monthly income and a jurisdiction-wide rent limit established by the participating jurisdiction. The rent limit must conform to certain parameters established by HUD. Each participating jurisdiction is also required to set a minimum tenant contribution for tenant-based rental assistance. The minimum tenant contribution can either be a flat dollar amount or a percentage of tenant income.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.