- Grants to States in FY2014
In FY2014, every state received a HOME formula grant. (This includes Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico, which are considered states for the purposes of the HOME program.) The median state grant amount was about $6 million, and the mean grant was close to $8 million. The mean is pulled upward by a few states that received especially large formula grant allocations; for example, California received the largest state allocation at nearly $31 million. As shown in Figure 1, nearly half of the states received less than $5 million in funding, and all but twelve states received less than $10 million.
Figure 1. HOME Grants to States in FY2014
Source: Figure created by CRS based on HUD data.
Note: Figure only includes formula grants to states, not grants to PJs within states.
Given the lower amount of funding appropriated to the HOME program in recent years compared to earlier years, the median and mean grant amounts are also lower than in some previous years. In FY2010, for example, the median state grant amount was almost $11 million and the mean was almost $14 million. Furthermore, in FY2010, ten states received grants of $5 million or less, and ten states received grants of $20 million or more (including five states with grants over $25 million). The largest state grant in FY2010 was $62 million, compared to $31 million in FY2014 (in both years, the largest state grant was to California). New York and Texas also received grants in FY2010 that exceeded the maximum grant amount awarded in FY2014.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.