CDBG-HOME Guidebook Part I
One of the major priorities of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the creation of affordable housing. The Department administers several Federal programs that assist state and local governments, as well as nonprofits and other partners, to develop affordable homeownership and rental units for low-income households. Two of the most important programs are the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program.
Both HOME and CDBG are important resources in the local development of homes and communities. While sharing similar goals related to improving the living conditions of low-income families, each program differs in its eligible activities and requirements. In addition, there is a tremendous need for affordable housing in many communities and these needs often exceed available resources. So, it is important that state and local governments make strategic decisions about how to spend their HOME and CDBG funds.
HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs, in partnership with HUD’s Office of Block Grant Assistance, developed this guidebook as a tool for community development practitioners to assist in making these strategic choices about HOME and CDBG resources for affordable housing. Its purpose is to provide practical guidance on how both HOME and CDBG requirements are interpreted and to provide examples of how the two funding sources might be used in tandem. The Department encourages communities to seek strategic, effective, and innovative ways of using two of its most important affordable housing resources – the HOME and CDBG Programs.
Consulting Services We Provide
- Review public works preconstruction contracts
- Monitor DIR contractor/subcontractor certified payrolls
- Audit labor classification for each worker employed
- Review DIR pre-DAS 140/142 submissions
- Review CAC training fund contributions form CAC-2
- Review DIR Fringe Benefits Statement PW-26
- Monitor DIR wage determinations
- Audit fringe benefits allowances
- Review DIR holiday payment requirements
- Audit DIR travel & subsistence requirements
- Caltrans Labor Compliance
- County of Sacramento Labor Compliance
- City of Los Angeles Labor Compliance
- Los Angeles Unified School District Labor Compliance
- Federal Davis-Bacon Project Monitoring
- Federal DBE Implementation & Review
- Federal FAA AIP Goal Setting
- DIR & Davis-Bacon Training
- DIR Civil Wage Penalty Review
- Local-Hire Review (e.g., San Francisco)
- Skilled and Trained Workforce
Give us a call to discuss your labor compliance requirements.
This email is intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice
or legal opinions on any specific facts or circumstances.